'/>' Kinderfriends...Spring gardening 101..FREE CHICKEN DANCE! |

Monday, March 20, 2017

Kinderfriends...Spring gardening 101..FREE CHICKEN DANCE!

I love SPRING!

DID I MENTION...

I LOVE SPRING!



I am an AVID  Gardener!

LOVE to get my fingers in the dirt.

We call my hubby "FARMER WITHOUT A FARM!"

We are "suburbanites" with a backyard farm. Chickens included!




More on that later.

So...I have instilled my LOVE of gardening into my students!

This year we installed

PALLET  GARDENS!



So easy!  
Lay down wooden pallet.
Fill with potting soil & steer manure.
Plant!

We did seeds.
And more seeds. (Rotate your crops)
Pick your seeds carefully.

We didn't have a lot of room for "vines".. so we did NOT grow pumpkins.

We did grow some BEAUTIFUL SUNFLOWERS in the back.
They need A LOT OF room. They got 10-12 feet TALL!

Grow vegetables that you eat. I wanted to show the kids
ROOTS, STEMS, LEAVES, FLOWERS, etc.
Choose plants that will help with that!

We also made individual planters for the kids to take home.

As we had been studying EARTH DAY...

We RECYCLED 
water bottles as seed planters!
Start with water bottles.
Cut them in half.
Poke a hole in the lid.
Tie a knot in string & thread through the hole.
When lid is ON...string hangs DOWN.
Flip the  TOP of bottle..into the  bottom.
The bottom will hold the water.

Add soil.
And seeds to top.
Fill the bottom with water.
The string acts like a wick...to water itself!



Soon... sprouts!

We took them HOME at OPEN HOUSE!
The kids were SO excited to show off their garden.
Maybe THEY will become MASTER GARDENERS some day!


My friends and I at KINDERFRIENDS
are LOVING SPRING!



We are having a 

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

FREEBIE..yes  FREEBIE

Blog Hop. 

Hop from one blog 
to the other 
to get..FREEBIES! 

In honor of my 
CHICKENS...

Chicken Dance is FREE!


Check out my SPRING activities
ON SALE
March 19-22..  :)

Just go to TPT and search

 #kinderfriends 

Now..
HOP ON OVER TO my friend

Cristina @  The Primary Besties

for some MORE

SPRING IS IN THE AIR

FREEBIES!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love to garden too Wendy, and your pallet garden looks awesome! I wouldn't have thought of that, but I like that the slats in the pallet provide a "safe" place to walk without little feet trampling all the plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Dance looks like a hit!!! So much fun for sure, thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your gardening ideas! Thank you for the Chicken Dance Freebie. I need to do it with my class.

    ReplyDelete