Happy Friday EVE! :)
Just a short note on a
SUPER FUN GAME
to help your kiddos
practice spelling / vocabulary / HFW words!
Do you remember
THE MATCHING GAME?
Well.... I have "tweaked" it for my classroom.
2 colors of BLANK PAPER!
1. Have Kiddos FOLD their paper into 16 squares.
( Fold it horizontal twice & Vertical twice!)
2. Use pencil to TRACE the fold lines.
(This ensures a BOX for kids to write their words in.)
3. I write the words on MY paper
and use my DOC CAMERA for kids to see, so they can copy.
4. Cut SQUARES apart into word cards.
5. Kids stack their cards.
6. Find a PARTNER with different colored cards.
7. They place ALL cards words DOWN.
8. Rock, paper, scissors. Winner goes first.
9. Turn over ONE of their cards & ONE of their partner's cards.
10. Read...read...read! Do they MATCH?
11. If they match...they stack BOTH cards!
12. If not, turn them over and try again!
No WINNERS or LOSERS...
ALL DONE? PLAY AGAIN! :)
We usually have 6 spelling words.
I ALWAYS add MORE!
I am teaching word strategies.
NOT MEMORIZING FOR A TEST!
Keep them learning!