'/>' OK..I GIVE! UNCLE! UNCLE! |

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

OK..I GIVE! UNCLE! UNCLE!

Uncle! Uncle!
( My little sister would hold my arm behind my back until I cried..)
UNCLE!

OK!
I'm crying UNCLE!

Why?  Why you ask?
The dreaded ..  BEHAVIOR CHART!
UGH!

I have a clip chart.
(Samples from Pinterest)




It Worked!
For awhile.
For SOME.

I have rules.
We follow the WHOLE BRAIN TEACHING Rules.
For 23 of 25...It works GREAT!
They follow the rules, want to please, make smart choices, etc. etc. etc.
BUT....
For 2 of 25.... it isn't working. 

IT JUST ISN'T WORKING!

They don't care!
Their parent's don't care!
It is NOT helping to change the behavior nor the goal-setting for these students.
What to do?
What to do?
What to do?

As I am pondering this question...I get this email:

"WHEN BEHAVIOR CHARTS DON'T WORK...
THROW THEM OUT!"

http://www.edutopia.org/discussion/when-behavior-charts-dont-work-throw-them-out?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

So...guidance from above? 

I AM THROWING AWAY MY CLIPCHART!

There.
I have said it!

Gone!  KAPUT!  Out the door!

OK.

So....NOW WHAT!?????


How will I keep them CALM???

What documentation will I have?

What will I do WITHOUT it????

Whew...calm down...breathe.

I shall introduce 

APOLOGY LETTERS!

Apology letters...
 from those who choose to break our classroom rules
 to those who have been affected by poor behavior.

I am sure they will be LONG!

Lots of  describing words about what they will do better next time!

And so...we try and try again!

I hope I will only need these with 1-2 of my students.

Maybe NONE!

Now... I am NOT getting rid of my "PINS"!

Sarah Plum @ There's No Place Like Second Grade

has created "CHARATER Traits" Clip Chart!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Positive-Behavior-Clip-Chart-Alternative-Clippin-for-Character-137549

So this is MY new obsession.

Lifeskill  traits to help students make personal goals!  WOW!

So I am off..  to guide the "ones" ( or two )

who need a little lot of scaffolding in their "lifeskills".
Wish me good luck!

I can only wish..

Here's a Little FREEBIE for hanging in there with me!



NOW
it's time to LINK UP with my friends at

ITeach!  Vote for your favorite! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment