I'm COOKING! I KNOW..DON'T FAINT! :)



I got a new present for Christmas..

 a PRESTO SPIRAL VEGETABLE SLICER!

Here is the one I got...3 blades is enough for this chef!

Paderno World Cuisine A4982799

 Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer

from AMAZON.

So...gotta try it!
I AM NOT A COOK!
ok..I said it...I do not "enjoy" cooking.
BUT...
This looks fun!

I had heard of
ZOODLES
but I admit...
I had to google it to find out WHAT THEY WERE!

Zuchinni Noodles!
I LOVE zuchinni.
I love noodles!

YES!

Here we go!
Yes. I took it out of the box. 
Directions for potatoes are on the box.
I started there.

Idaho potatoes and sweet potatoes.
YUMMY!

Baking these as we speak!
They smell like french fries!
Yummy!

Next....
ZOODLES!
Hook up a zuchinni & turn the handle!


Yellow and green squash!

I did a little research...
found this wonderful site!

http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com/2014/11/sunday-night-pasta-how-to-make-non.html
I learned I need to "sweat" the zoodles and then stir fry them "al dente".
( WOW...new vocabulary!)




And voila!

My new favorite pasta "ish"...

A little homemade spaghetti sauce...
HUBBY makes it..not me!

AND  I am in HEAVEN!

I may cook this way more often!
Happy New Year!
Here's to eating HEALTHY!

No comments

Back to Top