Nibits for Newbies 8.23.15 & FREEBIE

If it's SUNDAY...
it's time for 

NIBITS FOR NEWBIES!


This week....

BLURTING!

You know...
You are in the middle of a great lesson,
AND WHAM!
THAT KID...that kid did it AGAIN!

HE YELLS  squeaks BLURTS out a comment
( it may or may not, have anything to do with what we are doing now!)

HE   BLURTS!  LOUD!
( And sometimes...he BLURTS out the WRONG ANSWER...
And I have to START ALL OVER AGAIN!

UGH!


So ..what to do? What to do???????

I start with a one-to-one discussion. 
( Maybe he/she doesn't realize they are doing it???)
I give the child the benefit of the doubt...FIRST

THEN.....

BLURT CARDS!
HUH?

Yes! Blurt Cards!

I tally each time the child BLURTS in class.
The card is taped to the child's desk for a visual reminder.

I use it for tracking...
I make notes as to "TRIGGERS" and times/lessons that may be excellerating the BLURTS.
 And then I look for patterns.
 ( Does the child blurt only during whole class lessons...
after lunch more than before lunch...etc..etc..)

I am trying to see if there is ANYTHING I can do to help STOP
the child before they start!

I use the blurt cards for parent conferences, IST's, interventions...
DOCUMENTATION!

So to you my friends...
Here are your 
FREE
Blurt cards!

(I HOPE YOU DON'T NEED THEM!)
HAHAHA




No comments

Back to Top