Hall Pass Linky!

 
 
OK, so I'm going to bed...and I think, I'll check tings out one last time...AND WHAM!
I am invited to a LINKY PARTY...who can resist?
 
Here goes....
 
 
 
PRODUCT:
 
My favorite product right now is my Book Club Packet. I have a group of pretty high readers this year.
(In addtion to a group of NON READERS... at 127 days of 1st grade...LOTS OF ISSUES)
Anyways, I felt bad for my reading group. High decodability but not a lot of comprehension practice. SO...
I created a packet ( which they love to do) for ANY book they read...which I LOVE.
Here it is...
 
 
AREA:
 
Picture  tomorrow...
 
I LOVE my Guided Reading Table! That's where MAGIC happens! I love to hear kids read. They get so excited when they say " Hey I already read that!"  That book was TOO easy!
LOVE to hear those words!
 
 
 
SIGNAL:
 
I count backwards from 10-1 and then gently RING my DRAGONFLY CHIMES..dollar store chimes I found years ago.
If they are ALL in their seats & "ready to learn"...they get a class star. After 10 stars, we get a class treat. We vote on our goal...extra recess, hangman, popcorn party, etc. They are pretty good at getting themselves where they need to be.
 
I also use the CLIP CHART behavior plan.  LOVE THIS!
My autistic student is OCD about it!
 
I also give "BLURT" cards to any student who speaks out when they should be raising their hand or listening. Haven't given them out in a while, but I had a few boys who BLURTED OUT a LOT!  Not too much anymore.
 
SANITY:
 
I drink coffee! I roast my own coffee beans at home...don't like the 'other' stuff...so I bring my own coffee.
 Hubby & I carpool ( saves gas $ ) and I'm cheap. I bring my coffee and he drives. I relax on the way before the chaos.
We have grown kids so I don't have to get ANYONE out the door anymore. You would think I would be early..
NOPE!  My coffee and some good country music I can sing with in the car. Great way to start the day!
 
That's about it. Me in a nutshell. Link up at :
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments

  1. Just found your blog through Tonya's Treats giveaway!! I'm your newest follower!

    -Ciera
    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Come back often!
    Happy Tuesday!
    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog..too cute ! I'm excited to be your newest follower :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are your newest follower. Guided reading tables are the best, you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are your newest follower! Love the garden theme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Hall Pass!! I did one too, please stop on by if you get a chance! I'm your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top